CLASSONEMODELWORKS.COM, LLC 1-Year LIMITED WARRANTY on
MODEL RAILROAD PRODUCTS
Congratulations on the purchase of your classonemodelworks.com product(s). The following limited warranty policy applies to all classonemodelworks.com locomotives, rolling stock, and accessories. For any questions regarding the classonemodelworks.com limited warranty, contact classonemodelworks.com Customer Service at (816) 243-0044.
classonemodelworks.com, LLC (Class One) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the “Product”) from classonemodelworks.com or an authorized reseller will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. For best warranty servicing, it is recommended that the purchaser (or if gifted, the recipient) register their product at classonemodelworks.com [https://www.classonemodelworks.com/warranty/registration] within a period of one (1) month after completion of purchase (or gift receipt) to expedite claims.
*Retain your sales receipt or sales slip(s) since you will need these for a warranty claim situation. Previously-registered products will only require the registration number(s) provided by classonemodelworks.com at time of registration (retain the registration receipt or write down the number for future reference) for warranty claims.
This warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser and does not cover cosmetic damage, natural disasters, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, commercial use, improper use, damage due to lack of routine maintenance or improper lubrication, damage directly related to installation of after-market products, alterations to as-delivered components, modification of or to any part of the Product. This warranty also does not cover damage due to attempted service by anyone other than the classonemodelworks.com service center including self-repair attempts that have damaged the Product. Damage incurred due to excessive voltage applied to any electronic circuitry or soldering of any electronic components, including soldering of wires to a PCB or DCC decoder board, or from lightning strikes are not covered by this warranty. This warranty does not cover light bulbs, LEDs, wheel plating, or motor brushes which are considered normal wear items, and expressly does not cover Product not purchased from classonemodelworks.com or an authorized classonemodelworks.com dealer, or Products older than 3 years from the date of original Product shipment delivery to classonemodelworks.com from the manufacturer, unless directly authorized in writing by classonemodelworks.com.
Other than the express warranty above, CLASS ONE make no other warranty or representation, and hereby disclaims any and all implied warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The PURCHASER acknowledges that they alone have determined that the product will suitably meet the requirements of the purchaser’s intended use.
classonemodelworks.com’s sole obligation and the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be that Class One will, at its option, either service or replace any Product determined by Class One to meet the requirements specified above of a defective Product. If the Product cannot be repaired and there are no replacement parts/units available, Class One will issue to the purchaser a credit equal to the price of their purchase (proof of purchase price is required). Class One reserves the right to inspect any and all items involved in a Product warranty claim. Service, replacement or credit decisions are at the sole discretion of the Class One service/support team.
Further, in no event shall the liability of Class One exceed the individual price of the Product on which liability is asserted. As Class One has no control over use, setup, final assembly, modification or misuse, no liability shall be assumed nor accepted for any resulting damage or injury. By the act of use, setup or assembly, the user accepts all resulting liability. If you, as the purchaser or user, are not prepared to accept the liability associated with the use of the Product, purchaser is advised to return the Product immediately in new and unused condition to the place of purchase. These terms are governed by Missouri law (without regard to conflict of law principals). This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Class One reserves the right to change or modify this warranty at any time, without notice.
LIMITED WARRANTY REPAIR/RETURN PROCEDURES
- Contact Class One Customer Service and Support to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form which will contain an RMA number specific to your claim which will be used to track your Product once it has been returned to Class One. Returns without an RMA form and number will not be accepted and will not be returned to the sender. You can contact Customer Service and Support in any of the following manners to request your RMA:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (816) 243-0044
- Mail your request to:
Attn: Warranty Department
8610 NW 107th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64153
- Legibly fill out the RMA form with your product information, your personal contact information (including return shipping address), and as thorough a description of the issue as possible. Be sure that the information can be easily read and recognized – print or type please.
- Remove any non-factory details or electronics, returning Product to original condition prior to shipment.
- Package your Product in its original display box and interior packing materials for protection from damage during shipment.
- Pack your Product box into a secondary shipping box/package which will properly protect the product during shipment, being careful to use adequate void fill materials to prevent movement in shipping and any associated damage. Damage in transit is not a covered warranty repair and will have to be photographed and communicated to you, and which can only be corrected with pre-payment, possibly causing significant delay. Include your RMA form attached to the display box so that it does not become lost in any packing materials. Be sure to affix the RMA number to the exterior of the shipping box, preferably as part of the shipping address.
- Ship via prepaid carrier that provides parcel tracking and insurance for lost/damaged parcels, as Class One is not responsible for merchandise until it arrives and is accepted at our facility. The purchaser is responsible for shipping charges to ship your Product to Class One. Address your shipment to the same contact address listed above, including your RMA number in the Attn: Warranty Department line (ex. Attn: Warranty Department RMA #abcdefg). Delivery of items without an RMA number marked on the package will be refused.
- Once received by the Class One Warranty Department, you will receive a verification email (if email address has been provided).
- Provided warranty conditions have been met, your Product will be serviced or replaced free of charge and will be shipped back to the purchaser at no additional cost.
NON-WARRANTY SERVICE PROCEDURES
Should your service, upon inspection, be deemed as not being covered by the warranty conditions set forth, service may be performed by Class One at the cost of the purchaser. Class One, if possible, will provide the purchaser with a parts/labor estimate to repair the product and to return ship the product. The purchaser will have five (5) business days to decide if they want Class One to repair their product. If no decision on the non-warranty repair is made within the allotted time frame, the unrepaired product will be returned to the purchaser, and the purchaser will be required to arrange for return shipment of any non-repaired, non-warranty items at their cost. If no arrangements are made for return shipment within 30 days of the date of non-warranty decline-of-repair decision, returned items will become the property of classonemodelworks.com for disposition of their choosing.
Class One products requiring repair, but not eligible for warranty repair, may be submitted to Class One by following all of the procedures listed above for warranty claims. Class One will inspect the Class One product requiring repair and will provide the customer with a parts/labor/shipping quote. Decision and shipment terms above will be the same.
This policy has an effective date of: April 14, 2023
THIS POLICY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE